Namaste

Welcome to my blog, with news of my wellbeing practice in Suffolk. Also my exercise classes and cooking workshops, some views on events and happenings locally and abroad....and more.....
To receive email updates directly into your Inbox, insert your email address in box on the right.

Trish Dent


Friday 12 May 2017

New Ultimate Prebiotic Ferment

I've been researching the benefits of inulin, a soluble fibre that helps combat constipation and also feeds your natural microbiome (gut bacteria). One of the best sources is asparagus, ideally consumed raw. For me there are two options: either marinate asparagus or ferment it. I'm going for the second option today as fermenting means it will keep a long time. Perfect time of year as it's in season and local. I'll let you know how it tastes (the white thing on top of the asparagus tips is a piece of cabbage to stop them rising up the jar and spoiling).
Come to my forthcoming Wild Fermentation Workshop on Saturday 10th June to discover more about the benefits of fermenting easily and safely at home.